Monday, February 25, 2013

I lost this on a train in Europe

Ferdinand Georg Waldmuller:Young Peasant Woman with Three Children at the Window


If you've ever traveled in Europe you know that the one thing you can count on is that you will inevitably leave something on a train at some point.  Well, when Wayne, Nate and I went on our big trip 2 years ago, I bought a print of my favorite painting we saw at our favorite art museum (the Neue Pinakothek in Munich).  I kept such good track of it, until the very end of our travels, when I left it on our train from Florence to Rome (I think).

Since then, I've kept my eye out for it and haven't encountered it again, until today.  Painted by Ferdinand Georg Waldmuller.

1 comment:

  1. Today I saw a preview for what looks like kind of a dumb movie, but it contained a great quote: "Soul [music] is all about loss." It's okay. I am happy.

    ReplyDelete